When describing coffee, salty is typically not a good descriptor word. Salt is one of the four basic taste sensations registered on the sides of the tongue. Pronounced salinity can indicate bad water used in brewing. For the best brew quality use filtered water. Click here to read how to brew the most ideal cup of coffee. We also have brochures about brewing the best cup of coffee at the roastery, please don't hesitate to ask for one! The most important rule of thumb is to start with good coffee... Vienna Coffee can provide just that very thing! Check out our website.
Having a Fourth of July party this weekend? We have the perfect drink for you that will delight your guests, and have them asking for more...
Coffee Coke Float
June 30, 2009 by Marye Audet
- 2/3 half and half (light) cream
- 2 1/2 cups espresso, or strong coffee, cold (we suggest a real shot of Vienna Coffee's espresso con Robusta, but VCC's Sulawesi will also be a good start)
- 4 scoops coffee ice cream (click link for a homemade coffee ice cream recipe)
- 1 -2 liter bottle of Coke
- 1/2 cup Kahlua (this can be omitted for a non-alcoholic drink)
- 4 frosted glasses
Mix the cream and the cold coffee
Add 2 tbs Kahlua to each glass
Place a scoop of the ice cream in each of four glasses
Half fill each glass with the coffee then fill up the rest of the way with Coke.